Main Street Oriental Rugs Auctions TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Conditions of Sale
By registering to bid on any lot or any participation in an auction at Main Street Oriental Rugs Auctions (MSOR), you (the bidder or agent bidding on behalf of others) agree to be bound by these Conditions of Sale. Our goal is to consistently offer quality items and service to our customers; our catalog descriptions represent what we have deemed appropriate to identify each item and we stand behind our descriptions as they relate to authenticity, condition, design, and quality, however, all items for sale are offered “as is”. If you are not able to make what you consider to be a comfortable decision about an item or if you believe an item may be incorrectly described in our catalog, we suggest that you refrain from bidding on said item.
Before bidding all buyers must establish valid credit verification. You will be asked to furnish identification, present address, contact information, and a valid credit card number.
Online bidders must follow the registration steps required by the bidding platform and are subject to both the terms and conditions of the online bidding company AND MSOR. We will use reasonable efforts to carry out online bids and do not accept liability for equipment failure, inability to access the internet or software malfunctions related to the execution of online bids.
Bids shall only be accepted from properly registered bidders.
The online auctioneer has sole discretion and reserves the right to:
- Reject or refuse to accept any bid or bidder that may be deemed inappropriate for any reason.
- Pass/withdraw any items in the auction which do not open at a price commensurate with the items’ value.
- Open bidding and bid up to, but not exceed the reserve on behalf of the seller.
- Anyone 18 years of age or older and of good creditworthiness (as determined by MSOR), may bid at this auction, including the auction staff.
- Bidding on behalf of others: Unless you are registered as a buyer’s agent prior to the start of the auction and we have written authorization from your buyer naming you as his/her appointed bidder, you are responsible for all the purchases under the terms and conditions of this bidding agreement.
- Buyer’s Premium on all items purchased in this auction is 15%.
- Reserves: Some items in this auction may be offered subject to a reserve below which the item cannot be sold.
- Any dispute or litigation resulting from the sale of items in this auction will take place in the judicial system in the State of Maryland.
All buyers agree to abide by the Main Street Oriental Rugs Auctions policies of bid history disclosure. This includes the policy that live online bidder’s increments are not reported when bidding against an absentee bid until the absentee bid is surpassed.
Buyers acknowledge that Main Street Oriental Rugs will not be held responsible for errors or failure to execute any online bid(s).
Buyer’s Premium: A buyer’s premium of 15% will be added to the hammer price of all successful bids.
Total Sale Price: The total sales price of an item consists of the hammer price plus the buyer’s premium and any applicable sales and/or other taxes. The State of Maryland sales tax of 6% will be applied on all purchases except when a buyer located outside of the state of Maryland purchases.
SHIPPING / PICK-UP / STORAGE FEES:
- MSOR will coordinate shipping. Your invoice will include shipping costs. Packaging is free for our online auction customers. A shipping cost estimate can provided, if needed, contact us at 410-313-9090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If either someone else other than the buyer, or a shipper other than one represented on the invoice, will be picking up your items, the buyer must inform us in advance so we may release the items.
- Shipments can be insured for the full purchase price at the expense of the buyer unless other coverage is requested or waived by the buyer. Any damage or delivery issues (regardless of any assistance offered by MSOR) are between the buyer and their chosen shipper.
- We are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes.
- Express or overnight shipping is available at the added expense of the buyer.
- If the shipping address is different than the credit card billing address, MSOR will require written proof of verification.
- MSOR will not alter any catalog descriptions or declare less than the full purchase price on any international customs paper- work. All international customs documents and costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- All items must be picked up from our facility within 30 days of the sale unless prior arrangements have been made. For items unclaimed after 30 days:
- Items left at MSOR for more than 30 days will be subject to a storage fee of $50 per item, per month to be paid prior to collection of items.
- Items left at MSOR over 45 days after the date of sale may, at the sole discretion of MSOR, be re-sold on buyer’s behalf. The above costs of storage, plus any other costs directly related to the items and an auctioneer’s commission of 30% will be subtracted from the proceeds.
- Items unsold or unclaimed by 180 days from the date of this agreement will become the sole property of MSOR and may be sold or otherwise disposed of without reporting or liability of any sort to the buyer.
- The inability to choose an acceptable shipping option is NOT a reason for non-payment of an item’s full purchase price.
- Any items won during the online auction will not be available for pick-up until the first business day after the auction. Please call or email ahead: 410-313-9090 | email@example.com
- Anyone planning to pick up property from MSOR should call 24 hours in advance to make arrangements.
Successful online bidders are expected to pay in full for all purchases within 5 days. Buyers must pay the entire amount including the hammer price, buyer’s premium, all applicable taxes and other charges. The winning bidder will be notified by MSOR by email and/or phone.
All payments must be in US Dollars. We accept payments in cash, by personal, business, bank or cashier’s check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal and bank wire transfer. For domestic buyers, payments in excess of $25,000 must be made by wire transfer unless otherwise approved. For international buyers, payments by checks drawn on US banks or a wire transfer are the only acceptable methods of payment.
No items will leave MSOR until payment is made in full.
Payments made by check must be in the clear before items will be released or shipped to buyer.
MSO reserves the right to hold all merchandise until payments clear our bank.
All returned checks will be assessed a $35.00 processing fee.
In the event payment in full is not received within 15 days from the date of the auction, any outstanding amounts will be charged to the credit card on file.
A. If payment is not received 30 days from the sale, there will be a 3% surcharge added to the total invoice, and;
B. If no credit card is available or if payment has not been received within 30 days, TPAG will pursue alternate collection avenues in order to collect the balance due plus any storage, administrative, collection, attorney and/or court fees.
C. After 30 days from the day of the sale, storage fees will be charged at $50 per item, per month.
D. After 30 days, the warranty no longer applies.
E. If payment in full is not received 45 days from the sale, all ownership rights to any items on a bidder’s invoice are forfeited and the bidder will be responsible for any outstanding amounts including, but not limited to storage and collection fees.
F. Additionally, MSOR may report the buyer’s name to other auction houses and online platforms regarding creditworthiness and restrict the buyer from future bidding at TPAG and our associated online platforms.
Items may be considered for return under very specific conditions and within 15 days after the auction. It is important that you pay for and acquire your item in a timely fashion. In the event we have made a significant attribution or disclosure of condition error such that there is a major effect on the value of an item, please contact us immediately (within 15 days after the auction.) We will review under the following circumstances:
A. The item has been paid for and the buyer has possession of the item.
B. The buyer must have the item reviewed by an independent party who is approved by MSOR and is a recognized expert within the field of the item in question.
C. The expert provides a written report with specific and detailed reasons as to why the item is not as it was represented to be. The written report must be submitted to MSOR.
D. Our descriptions include what we deem to accurately portray an item’s general condition. However, opinions about condition can vary and as such, the auctioneer shall make the final determination in the possible event of a refund.
E. The timeline for this process is 30 days from the date of the auction. In the event a committee or review board must convene to review the item, MSOR must be notified in order to extend the time beyond the 30 day limit. Otherwise, after 30 days, ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
F. Once MSOR has accepted the ruling of the expert(s), the buyer is to return the item to MSOR at buyer’s expense. In order to be eligible for a refund, the item must be returned in the same condition it was in when it left MSOR’s possession.
G. In the event a refund is issued, it will be for the cost of the item, buyer’s premium and any sales tax paid. The refund will be made in the same form as the payment of the original transaction.
8) No Chargeback Policy - Purchasers agree that disputes of any nature will not be resolved by a credit card chargeback and further agree to refrain from filing any chargeback claim against Main Street Oriental Rugs and/or its credit card merchant. By purchasing with us, the purchaser waives the right to initiate a chargeback and furthermore agrees to pay a minimum of $500 plus administrative fees, attorney fees, and/or any other charges associated with responding to said chargeback.
All Content Property of Man Street Oriental Rugs Auctions, 2019.
8290 Main Street Ellicott City MD 21043 | 410-313-9090 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Terms and Conditions